The most important rules at a glance:
- The testing requirement is waived for recovered and fully vaccinated individuals. Complete vaccination protection or survived infection must be proven in written or digital form. In addition, recovered and fully vaccinated individuals are no longer included in counts
- Tourism: lodging in hotels and guesthouses is again permitted, provided guests present a negative Covid test upon arrival or show proof of complete vaccination or of recovery. Before subletting an accommodation, the landlord must carry out a thorough cleaning. For lodging at camping and RV sites and in vacation homes and apartments, a negative test result must be presented only upon arrival. In addition, tourist services such as bus tours, city tours and guided tours are allowed again. Outdoor and indoor amusement parks are allowed to open.
- Only local public transport, shopping, and cultural events are still subject to mandatory mask use. However, simple medical masks are sufficient, the requirement to wear an FFP2 mask no longer applies.
- Contact restrictions: Each person is urged to minimize physical-social contact with others. It is recommended to be with no more than ten other people and to keep the group of people with whom physical-social contact exists as constant as possible.
- Restaurants and similar businesses may receive guests both outdoors and indoors and may open without a time limit, if local incidence is below 35; the testing requirement does not apply, if the incidence is below 35 - even for indoor guests. The prerequisite is compliance with hygiene regulations. This includes maintaining a sufficient distance of at least 1.5 meters from neighboring tables and wearing a mask when away from one's seat.
- Cultural venues may allow up to 250 visitors below an incidence of 35 indoors and a maximum of 500 outdoors. Museums, memorials, and libraries are also allowed to receive visitors again. So are zoos and animal parks.
- new: 2-G access model (for vaccinated and convalescent persons): Provided that at events, tourist and cultural offers, public festivals, fairs, sports etc. (list incomplete), it is ensured that only fully vaccinated and recovered persons are present, the obligation to wear a mouth-nose covering or a medical mouth-nose protection and the obligation to maintain a distance and capacity limits can be waived. This regulation shall be applied on a voluntary basis.
It is recommended for all events, gatherings, assemblies, and meetings to be held outdoors.
To provide you with the best information possible, we have listed relevant links with important content concerning the topic of coronavirus: